Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday Morning - Stock up on Coupons!

I have a new Sunday Morning routine: Coupon Hunting

I started off the day at Metcalf's Sentry Foods - a grocery store that will give you a free Sunday paper when you spend $5 or more. I needed a gallon of milk, so after that I just had to find another item for about $2. I now had my first paper, which meant my first 3 coupon inserts for this week: Red Plum, Smart Source, and Proctor & Gamble.

Next, I stopped at as many coffee shops and diners I could find.


You can't be shy - several times I interrupted people who were reading their newspapers to politely ask if they were planning to keep the coupon inserts. For the most part, the people I ran into were happy to hand over all of the ads, which they viewed as "junk." If only they knew ;) But, 2 guys did surprise me. They were sitting on the curb outside of a Perkins, and each had a Sunday Paper. I asked them if they were "Coupon Clippers," and they both answered that indeed it was the only reason they bought the paper!

In total, I managed to find:
8 P&G
7 SmartSource
4 RedPlum


Now, it's time to plan some deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment