Thursday, June 25, 2009

I Got Paid to Buy Cheerios! $14 for $1.88 OOP

Wow, I am really amazed at the deal I got at Copps this week. I don't usually get this excited about a deal... ok, maybe sometimes ;) but this deal is really amazing!

It's one of those times when several good deals combine to make a truly remarkable, unprecedented deal! Here are some of the factors that contributed to it:
  • Cheerios deal at Copps: buy 6, get $10 off instantly plus 2 coupons for a free gallon of milk
  • Those great $1/1 and $1/2 coupons that general mills has been emailing to me
  • Double Coupon day at Copps, which makes each of those $1 coupons = $2 off
Here are the 2 transactions I did:

Transaction 1
(6) Cheerios 14 oz ($3.49)
(3) Dan Active Yogurt 4-packs (on sale for $2/each)

Total before coupons and instant rebates = $26.94, which is good, because it's above the $25 needed for coupons to double!

Coupons applied:
$10 off instantly for buying 6 cereals
(5) Doubled $1 Cheerios coupons = $10 off
(3) $1/1 Dan Active coupons = $3 off

Total Coupons = $23

OOP = $3.94

But wait, there's more! I also received back (2) "Free Milk Coupons" Something that was not advertised is that the Milk coupons, which say they are good "up to $3.50" actually take $3.50 off of your total when they scan. So, for the milk I buy, which is $2.59, that means a free gallon plus 91 cents overage!

Final cost = -$3.06 (3.94 - $7 in future savings)

Transaction 2
(6) Cheerios 14 oz ($3.49)
(5) Pepsi products 12 packs ($3.99 or $1.77 when you buy 5)

Total before coupons and instant rebates = $40.89

Coupons applied:
$11.10 off instantly for buying 5 Pepsi products
(1) Buy 4 get 1 Free Pepsi coupon = $1.77 off
$10 off instantly for buying 6 cereals
(5) Doubled $1 Cheerios coupons = $10 off

Total Coupons = $32.87

Tax = .49
OOP = $8.51

Again, I received 2 more Free Milk Coupons, so another $7.00 in future savings!

Final cost = $1.51 (8.51 - $7 in future savings)


Total for both transactions = -$1.55 I literally got paid to shop this week!

With a deal this good, I just wish I had more cheerios coupons so I could have done it some more.

Another way to look at this deal, not that it isn't amazing enough already, is to just look at the cost of the cereal, which ended up at $0.94 for 6 boxes, so $1.88 for both transactions, and yet I got back $14 in coupons. In other words, General Mills just paid me $1 per box for buying Cheerios. Now that's my kind of job!

No comments:

Post a Comment