Monday, May 4, 2009

Less than $5 Out of Pocket for 24 items @ Walgreens

On my way to work this morning I stopped at Walgreens again for 2 quick transactions.
Transaction 1
(20) Assorted ConAgra Products ($0.50)
(1) Colgate Sensitive Toothpaste ($4.50)

Used:
(1) $6 RR from Magic Erasers
(4) $1 off of 4 cans (Hunts / Pork & Beans)
(1) $1 off Colgate Sensitive Toothpaste

Out of Pocket = $3.99 (including tax)

Received:
$4.50 RR from Colgate
$3.00 RR from ConAgra

If you consider that the Colgate was $3.50 (with coupon), and I got a $4.50 Register Reward, it was a "Money Maker." Meaning, I literally got paid $1 to buy it today.

The remaining out of pocket: $3.99 - $3.50 =49 cents

So, for 49 cents (including tax) I got 20 cans of ConAgra products (Tomato Sauce, Pork & Beans, and some Chicken Broth), a 95% savings!


Transaction 2
(2) Swiffer dry refills ($4)
(1) Swiffer wet refills ($4)

Used:
(1) $4.50 RR from Colgate
(1) $4.50 RR from Listerine
(1) $3.00 RR from ConAgra

Which made the total, before tax = $0.00 !

All there was for me to pay was the tax, 66 cents.

On top of that, I received:
$2 RR

... and I just sent off my mail-in-rebate for a $5 debit card from Swiffer.

My out of pocket for the day was less than $5, and I now have $7 to use towards future purchases.

Important note though: "If you don't mail your rebate, your deal won't be as sweet!" What works for me is putting the rebate together as soon as I get home from the store. It's too easy to lose a receipt or forget to send it in after you have put it off for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment